Skip to main content

29 Years of Grace - Part 2

Join me as I continue to countdown to 30.


10. God knows our abilities and He's one person we can ask to reveal these and position us so that we can use our skills to benefit others. When we say yes to minister, our talents become clearer to us. If you find yourself in a space where you feel unclear, keep serving those nearest to you and as you continue you'll know.

11. Ask God to guard your heart. I now realize, God is an author of love and when we ask him to guide us, it saves us from a lot of heartache. I love how my fiance often tells me: I prayed and fasted for you. It speaks of the intentionality. And just watching how our courtship unfolded has been an answer to my request to God. Let God do the choosing! He knows beyond and sees beyond what we see. 

This guarding of our hearts also includes choices we make in other areas. We also need protection from ourselves!

12. Do not let society define the trajectory you should take. God's ways have proved the best in every aspect. Rather choose to seek his way.

13. Guard jealously your time with God. When we consistently spend time with God, we are transformed daily. We gain power to live for him. We learn and Holy Spirit convicts us and shows us where we need to overcome. It's one relationship we should prioritise over everything.

14. Family - how crucial it is to nurture this relationship with loved ones. Spending time together, supporting each other, forgiving, loving etc. These relationships require effort too.

15. The other extreme of Christianity is that hobbies aren't important. I look back and wonder why I didn't play tennis. I wish I took part in recreation and took walks more. I also realize,  my hobbies need to extend beyond podcasts, watching YouTube and reading. I need to actually be outdoors. I'll try hiking next year. 

16. In a time of social media, I'm realizing not every aspect of my life needs to make it on the gram or my WhatsApp status. I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I've realised that I want to guard the sacred parts of my life. So I've become mindful of what I share.
Also, it's so important to check from what place I'm sharing from. I never want to share from a place of pride but from a sense of gratitude to God's goodness towards me and conviction.

17. What a gift health is and how much I need to guard it. I'd like to walk more. I'm doing it daily, but not as intensely as I used to.

18. Choices! What a solemn responsibility comes with making a choice. And I've realized, when we  read God's word and other useful books they shape the way we think and the decisions we make. Because of the books I read and what I observed growing up I decided earlier on (when I was 18 y.o) that I wanted to honour God with my body. I didn't want to mother a child in my 20s and I didn't want to ever make decisions out of pressure. My point is - think things through, envision your life and don't find yourself making choices  out of pressure instead of what you want.

Also, don't make choice out of fear or from a place of hurt. Choose a path even if failure is inevitable. It's part of the journey. Sometimes we give up on a dream because we deem ourselves as failures, but we need to continually  push through the lies and our immediate circumstances. 

11 more lessons to go!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months In: Marriage reflection

Prior marriage, I honestly had my fears: how will living with a man be like, will I be able to freely express my desires, will he like my cooking? Will I still be able to maintain personal time and devotion?How will copulation be? Will it hurt? Will there be affection?All these questions would come to my mind from time to time, as I had never witnessed a healthy marriage where God was honoured. I had only observed bits and pieces from others and couldn't get the full picture; though there are healthy marriages. Thankfully, we can always "cast our cares to God", including our fears that keep us awake at night (1 Peter 5:7) and God promises to be with us through the fears (Isaiah 41:10). These fears  alo include a change in trajectory - whether it's leaving home, a change in career, getting married or any change we might face. My husband and I spoke about some of these fears prior marriage but our comfort has always been that God will continue guiding us as

29 Years of Grace - Part 3

19. Relationships with other people will often include misunderstanding and disagreements, but that doesn't mean we should give up. Sometimes folks  will make assumptions about us and will even seek to sabotage us, but God will see us through. God sees and often interferes. Human relations do hurt, more especially when you sacrifice so much and your motives are misunderstood. Through all of this, we should continue to pursue them for the good of mankind. Human connections require wisdom, grace and discretion from above. If we don't allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, we are in danger of seeking to deal with those who hurt us with revenge. But when we surrender to Holy Spirit we are able to return hate with kindness, sabotage with patience and misunderstanding with grace. Ours is to guard our hearts as we navigate these connections. And remember to deal with others, with the same grace God gives us. 20. Comparison is a thief of joy. We often picture  a certain path for our lives,

Thankful Thursday: an answered prayer

 Hey reader, I trust you are well. Let me start by welcoming you in my space. I hope you'll find it to be a safe space. So, I feel like this past month I've been struggling to breathe - so much workload. Anyway, that's always the case. But there's pressure to improve and do your best. I'm still a facilitator for grade 1 - grade 3 learners . So far I have 3 new learners. Two are in grade 2 and one is in grade 1. Two can't write much nor speak English. My biggest challenge has been the grade 1 learner who'd cry when she had to write. I requested for her report card and let's just say it was extremely bad. She didn't meet grade R requirements- hence she can't write, doesn't know alphabets, can't really colour, not familiar with simple words(sight words) like and, is, this etc. Besides being a Christian  school, we emphasize on the three Rs - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. Our kids write quite a lot. And I commend this - I'll explain in