Skip to main content

New Month Reflections


1. It takes God, a parent and a teacher to effectively contribute in a child's life and all parties must be involved.

 Teaching is beautiful and heart-wrenching. Heart-wrenching because parents can do so less and not even come up with ways to help their children. It comes across as "none of my business". My colleague and I  often laugh and say, if some parents could, we'd also be assisting their children with homework. There's more to it. 

Sometimes it's seeing how difficult certain kids find to grasp things which you go over and over again and things they'd get if parents were consistently involved. Sometimes I think learning difficulties are not acknowledged by parents. 

As a teacher you get appreciated and blamed. I was told if a child fails, it reflects on you. And at first, I believed this. But what about when you go all out and definitely see the results except for those two students? What about the meetings you've called and parents not applying the advice? It's not fair, especially when you faithfully do your part.

As a teacher you must pray for wisdom to find ways to cater for each child's needs and it's not always easy but you must.

I don't know if it's only me, but the desire for intimacy grows in your late 20s. Look man, I envy couples who are in the same place ( I personally don't recommend long-distance courtship đŸ˜­). I long for a husband to share my life with, care for each other and to be intimate with. I'll be at malls, watching couples interact, shop together etc. I long for that. I used to think being close with my mom will help, but the desire is there. 

I also need friends but I don't have the energy to initiate stuff. I hope that's not pride talking.

Saying no is vital.

People do not like paying for services and often they want to benefit, without playing their part.

2. Learning to say no is bringing me peace. I used to believe I need to say yes every time I'm asked to preach, but I'm in a place where I want to hear others. I really see so much potential that I think I personally want to invest more time on door-to-door and visiting church members. 

I've also realized being silent at times helps. People often want  to dictate  how you should do things or often want to make you carry a load that's not yours, not responding often helps.

3. I'm grateful to be in a better place emotionally. I'm hopeful.

I'm grateful to have job so I can help at home. It's heartbreaking to read about the job losses during this Covid saga. The pay cuts too. It's only through God's grace. What if some deaths involved people getting overwhelmed around job losses? Ever thought of that?

I'm grateful for a job that challenges me to grow and keep pushing myself, and even amidst the discouragements, God comes through. 

4. God is my go-to person. There was something that happened and it really discouraged me. Ever put your all (or thought you did), only to receive negative results and feedback. That really hurt. It took me a while, but God has been giving me strength and motivating me.

5. I want to help more. I'll share more on this on the next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday: an answered prayer

 Hey reader, I trust you are well. Let me start by welcoming you in my space. I hope you'll find it to be a safe space. So, I feel like this past month I've been struggling to breathe - so much workload. Anyway, that's always the case. But there's pressure to improve and do your best. I'm still a facilitator for grade 1 - grade 3 learners . So far I have 3 new learners. Two are in grade 2 and one is in grade 1. Two can't write much nor speak English. My biggest challenge has been the grade 1 learner who'd cry when she had to write. I requested for her report card and let's just say it was extremely bad. She didn't meet grade R requirements- hence she can't write, doesn't know alphabets, can't really colour, not familiar with simple words(sight words) like and, is, this etc. Besides being a Christian  school, we emphasize on the three Rs - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. Our kids write quite a lot. And I commend this - I'll explain in

Three Months In: Marriage reflection

Prior marriage, I honestly had my fears: how will living with a man be like, will I be able to freely express my desires, will he like my cooking? Will I still be able to maintain personal time and devotion?How will copulation be? Will it hurt? Will there be affection?All these questions would come to my mind from time to time, as I had never witnessed a healthy marriage where God was honoured. I had only observed bits and pieces from others and couldn't get the full picture; though there are healthy marriages. Thankfully, we can always "cast our cares to God", including our fears that keep us awake at night (1 Peter 5:7) and God promises to be with us through the fears (Isaiah 41:10). These fears  alo include a change in trajectory - whether it's leaving home, a change in career, getting married or any change we might face. My husband and I spoke about some of these fears prior marriage but our comfort has always been that God will continue guiding us as

29 Years of Grace - Part 3

19. Relationships with other people will often include misunderstanding and disagreements, but that doesn't mean we should give up. Sometimes folks  will make assumptions about us and will even seek to sabotage us, but God will see us through. God sees and often interferes. Human relations do hurt, more especially when you sacrifice so much and your motives are misunderstood. Through all of this, we should continue to pursue them for the good of mankind. Human connections require wisdom, grace and discretion from above. If we don't allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, we are in danger of seeking to deal with those who hurt us with revenge. But when we surrender to Holy Spirit we are able to return hate with kindness, sabotage with patience and misunderstanding with grace. Ours is to guard our hearts as we navigate these connections. And remember to deal with others, with the same grace God gives us. 20. Comparison is a thief of joy. We often picture  a certain path for our lives,